When it comes to athletic training, with the exception of those sports which do not require shoes, shoes are one of the most important aspects of training well. It may not be news to you that having the right pair of shoes, for the right type of training, is crucial. However, just in case, Athletic Republic in Midland would like to better help prepare our athletes by giving a bit of advice on how to find the right shoes for your athletic training endeavours.
- Your best option, when looking for shoes to train in your particular sport, is to go to a specialty store that specializes in your sport and the shoes necessary for it-this is going to be helpful because you are more likely to find employees that either play the sport as well or at least understand what it is you need, with greater accuracy
- If the shoes are not comfortable right when you put them on then they are not for you-remember that you’re not going to have a huge amount of time to break these shoes in, if you’re serious about your sport
- Wear the socks you would play in to try on shoes-you may choose thick socks to wear during games or competitions, so ensure that you have the same type of socks on when you try on shoes
- The best time to try on shoes is at the end of the day, especially after a workout-the reason for this is that your feet are biggest at this time of day and you’re more likely to find a shoe that is comfortable all of the time
- Likewise, you should lace the shoes if they’re not done the way you’d wear them-you want to be as sure as possible about these shoes before purchasing them
- Use standard shoe shopping knowledge when considering if the shoe fits
- if you cannot wiggle your toes, the shoes are too tight
- if your heel slips out of the back of the shoe when you move quickly, the shoes are too large
- Since you’ve already made your way to a specialty store than you will do well to get shoes that are made specifically for your feet, your arches, and your stride
Once you’ve gotten the right shoes for your sport, check out these 11 tips to improve strength training
. If you are ready to push yourself to the next level as an athlete, then definitely remember us at Athletic Republic. For sports performance training in Midland
, contact us at (989) 923-1952
to see how we can help you reach the greatest level.